Happy Valentine’s Day – On Valentines Day this year we had a dance that was open to all. There were 20 in attendance and had the opportunity to enjoy the fine music of the Bob and Garth Nissen Band. These guys were awesome. They played the music that most of us knew and could sing along with from . . . (we won’t date ourselves by saying what year the music was a hit)
We have also Chartered a Scout Troop. It is Troop 1919 and meets in our building on Thursdays at 6pm. The troop is quickly growing and we now have 28 young men. On Wednesdays we have cubs that invade the building to learn more scout stuff.
Some of our upcoming events are:
· February 22 BBQ @ Zion Harley Davidson – come out and enjoy the company of some really interesting people. Lunch is only $5
· February 29 Scout Troop 1919 will BBQ at Zion Harley Davidson – come out and support these fine young men as they work to raise money for the Troop
· March 11th Pot Luck – this is a Mexican Themed dinner which will be catered. We will also have a guest speaker who will talk to us about the heritage we share with Mexico.
· March 14th is the District 7 Meeting location to be determined. It will either be in Cedar City or Hurricane. We are looking for nominations for District Commander.
· March 28th will be our final BBQ (until we start up again in July) The BBQ will be at Zion Harley Davidson starting at 11:00
Some other important dates to set aside are May 22ndfor Flag Placement at our cemeteries and the Memorial Day SunRise Service on May 25th.
It isn't too late to Renew your Membership for 2020. Please get them in as soon as you can. We currently have 93% registered. Please take care of this as soon as you can . Dues are $35.00. You can renew online or meet up with Bob Wood.
If you take photos of any of our events or activities, please send them to me via our post e-mail at Commander.email@example.com
If you would like more information about the American Legion, please give us your e-mail and we will contact you.
We love to hear from Veterans so please feel free to drop us a line.
730 North 200 West, Hurricane, Utah 84737, United States